Smaller CS programs do not have the capacity to keep up with student demand to offer the same level of support to their CS students compared to larger and more established CS programs.
MinT will help your students build meaningful mentor relationships, social capital, and resources to navigate their career.
Your students will engage with the MinT program 4 hours per month, 40 hours during the school year, and be paired with 2 industry mentors for the year.
MinT program student engagement during the school year include:
- Two guided and structured 1:1 meetings with industry mentors and written reflections per month
- Industry talks, panels, workshops, and events during the year
- Online MinT community with real fellow students and industry mentors
MinT can also partner with your college on:
- Alumni volunteer mentor recruiting / retention
- MinT integration with existing courses
- Industry outreach / capstone projects
- Student opportunities and experiences
- Personalized student coaching
- Advisory on industry trends and student gaps
We collaborate with your college to recruit volunteer mentors from both industry, your alumni base, and local partners.
For the 2020-21 School Year, MinT mentors have an average of 15 years of industry experience and a combined 2,400+ years of industry experience at a variety of companies, roles, and verticals.
Mentors and mentees are required to go through training before they are admitted to the program to understand how to get the most of the experience and how to be a good mentor / mentee.
Mentees will be 2 way matched with 2 mentors based on their career aspirations, interest in a particular field, roles, background and their journeys in tech.
Guided discussion topics and outlines are provided for every 1:1 meeting between mentees and mentors. They are designed to flow with the school year and annual industry hiring cycles.
MinT will provide participants with a closed online community populated by their peers as well as mentors to provide a space where real conversations about CS education, tech career pathways, and tech ecosystem navigation can take place.
Partner colleges, mentees, and mentors will be supported by MinT staff during the duration of the program.
MinT also partners with scholarship and other programs that works with a group of students on different campuses.